4.Verify all knots and dowel holders before
sitting in the chair.
Warning! The Air Chair has a rated load of 350 pounds.
5. The overhead dowel must be level or your chair
may be lop-sided. Adjustments of one of the overhead ropes
may be necessary.
INSTALLING THE EYEBOLT
1. Locate the ceiling joint (by Stud Finder or
tapping and verifying with a small nail). Be sure to
locate exact center.
2. Using a 5/16'' wood drill bit, drill a hole
(approx. 5'' deep) perpendicular to the ceiling. Drawing
Warning! Hole must be directly in the center of the
stud for maximum weight bearing capacity. Failure to
do so could cause eyebolt to loosen.
3. Screw in eyebolt until all threads have disappeared
into the joist. Do not loosen or adjust once in place.
HANGING THE AIR CHAIR
1. Tie an overhand knot through the large S hook
provided using the two overhead ropes. Be certain to
maintain an equal rope length between the knot and the
chair on both sides. Drawing "B"
2. Hang the Air Chair into the pre-installed
3. Install the wooden dowels firmly into the
dowel holders (see imaged above left), Ensure the dowels
are firmly seated, with the longest dowel overhead,
the equal dowels on the sides, and the short dowels
on the footrest.
1. Tie the small S hook provided to the rope with an
2. Hang it from the same eyebolt as the chair. Adjust
the length so that it hangs just below the bottom of the seat
of the chair.
3. The footrest may be adjusted up or down for further
4. Now, while sitting in the chair, place your heels
in the center of the footrest.
ADJUSTING YOUR CHAIR
Fine-tuning of your chair is possible for maximum comfort.
1. Raise or lower the Air Chair height at the eyebolt,
via the overhand knot.
2. To adjust the incline of the Air Chair, remove the
overhead dowel. Adjust the slide knot back or forward equally
on each side. Replace the overhead dowel firmly into dowel
3. Fully reclined sitting can be achieved by setting
side dowels virtually parallel with the overhead dowel. This
is only recommended when you are familiar with the chair's
TO FIT OPTIONAL ARMREST
1. Stand in front of the chair
2. Remove right front dowel from the dowel holder.
3. Slip short-sided webbing loop firmly over removed
dowel butt-end, making sure that the webbing is taught and
flat against the dowel.
Note: Arc of armrest must face inward to the chair.
4. Now insert dowel firmly back into the dowel holder.
5. Repeat same procedure on the right hand rear dowel
and on the opposite side.
TO FIT OPTIONAL CUP HOLDER
1. Simply loop the cup holder through webbing and pull
through over head dowel.
2. Position where suitable
WASHING AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Using soft brush and warm water soapy water, scrub where necessary.
Allow to dry on a flat surface.
Warning: Not suitable for washing machine, tumble dryers
or chemical bleaches.
1.The eyebolt must be screwed completely into
a pre-drilled 5/16'' hole. Failure to adhere to this
could result in injury.
2. The Air Chair is made of 600 Denier Nylon
for added strength and durability. Mildew or moisture
does not affect the chair. It can withstand long periods
of exposure to the sun but will fade over time. We recommend
you store the chair in the P.V.C. travel bag when not
in use for extended periods.
3. Spinning and swinging in the both the chair
and the footrest are not recommended. The eyebolt may
loosen, which may result in injury. Do not hang or pull
on the overhead dowel.
ABOUT YOUR WARRANTY
We at Air Chair believe in manufacturing a product
of the finest quality and have been doing so since
1973. We know that you will have many years of
comfort from your Air Chair. Your chair has a
limited warranty on chair fabric and rope.